NABRAS center caters to the deprived communities
NABRAS center caters to the deprived communities in various neighborhoods the following services:
• Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Laboratory
vision is of a world in which every person - regardless of race, religion, or gender identity - lives in a just society and enjoys all of the human rights, including but not limited to, access to health, education and key services.
How Do We Reach Our Objectives?
What Do We Do¿
NABRAS seeks to improve the living conditions of deprived people through:
• Empowering communities, and especially women, youth and children, to allow them to play a leading role in changing their poor conditions,
• Facilitating access to information and know how to allow target groups realize their full potentials,
• Building partnerships with key local, national and international stakeholders to promote exchange of experience and know how.
How Do We Reach Our Objectives¿
Since its establishment, NABRAS focused its efforts on constructing a multi-functional center that is located in one of the poorest areas in Mieh w Mieh town in Southern Lebanon (in the vicinity of the city of Saida in Southern Lebanon). It’s situated close to Ein el Helwe camp for Palestinian refugees and surrounded by a number of informal neighborhoods that have a long history of poverty and deprivation.
NABRAS Center became operational in 2010 and includes the following main sections:
• Multi-purpose hall that is fully equipped to host a variety of events and activities. It can accommodate up to 250 guests.
• Sports court
• Outdoor play area